Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial start to summer & boy did the weather get the memo. The weather got very warm & then down right H-O-T. We ended up turning on the air conditioners and busted out some tank top style rompers for the little guy to keep him cool- he seems to run hot like his Daddy & had some sweaty nights.
Friday. On Friday, we went to my parents house for a BBQ with the Swarthouts who hadn't met Mason yet. Justin was excited that he & Mason shared the same middle name. It's crazy to think I used to babysit those boys & now Greg is graduating, Justin's gonna be a sophomore, and I have a baby. Time goes so fast.
Saturday. Mason turned one month old today!! Seems hard to believe. We went for another family walk down at the fairgrounds. We are so enjoying those- the fresh air is great, the sound of the rushing water of the chestnut creek is soothing, and it's a bit of a workout hauling Mason or Roxy up those hills.
Sunday. On Sunday, I was apart from Mason for the most time thus far. He left with Daddy at around 9:30 in the morning to go to Narrowsburg. The Eick's were visiting from Wilkes-Barre. I went to my cousin Nicki's bridal shower at 1. It was an awesome his & hers shower with beautiful decorations, cute honey stick favors that said "meant to bee" and delicious food. Sadly, I had what felt like a primal urge to get back to my baby & I feel like I was distracted and probably not much fun to talk to while I was there. After awhile, Amanda & I left to go meet up with everyone at my in-laws. We got there around 3:30 so we were apart a whopping six hours but it felt like an eternity. I was so happy to get back to him. We had a fabulous time visiting with John's parents and Jess, Frank, Emma, & Frankie. Emma is at such a fun age. She says the funniest things & is the star of the show. She loves Mason & helped feed him and kissed his feet (the only part of him Jess would let her touch haha!) Frankie is a big, beautiful almost 8 month old crawling machine!! He is ready for Mason to get bigger so they can rough house together :o) I can't wait for Mason to get a little bit older so he can play with his cousins.
 |
| Mason & Grandma |
 |
| Mason, Aunt Jess, & Cousin Emma |
 |
| Cousins!! |
 |
| Three generations of Tenbus boys :) |
 |
| Yappin' |
 |
| Ei Ei & Baby Frankie |
 |
| Gracie & Mason |
Monday. On Monday, we enjoyed another nice walk at the fairgrounds; we had to cut it a little short as the temperatures soared into the 90's. My mom offered to watch Mason & suggested that John and I go out for dinner just the two of us. I was hesitant at first but decided it would be a good idea. We went to Middletown and had dinner & then ice cream. I kept looking in the backseat at the place where the car seat should be but had to keep reminding myself Mase was not with us. As much as we missed him, John & I needed that opportunity to talk to each other and enjoy some "us" time.
SO the summer of '12 has unofficially started :o) It's going to be a great one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment